View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 18:53

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Here's the thing about coffee. It makes me incompetent. I only found out recently as I was carefully observing my behavior and abilities with and without coffee. Depending on dose, motor control is subtly less fine, precise or deliberate, with coffee than without. My mind is less able to focus on a thought, it sort of jumps around in there. These are subtle effects but noticeable nonetheless. Maybe it's just me, I'm more sensitive or something, but I doubt it - I'm nobody special by any means.

So, the improvements and stuff, it ain't the coffee, it must be the fat. But it ain't the fat per se, it's the extra fat. The late Seth Roberts experimented with extra fats and found quantifiable effects from just a few dozen grams extra fat per day, especially from butter and o3 for example. Myself personally I noticed significant improvements all over the place when I went LC initially, but barely any effect from any sort of extra fat above and beyond what I already ate normally from that point forward. So, it's not really the extra fat, it's the therapeutic dose of specific fats in the context of an otherwise dietary fat deficiency to some degree. Pretty much like going LC for the first few weeks where you add a bit more fat than you used to eat.

I did a mega-dose vitamin A protocol a while ago and it had a huge (really, no kidding) effect for the first 5 days of the 15 day protocol (3mil IU total, 200k IU per day). But since then, any vitamin A supplement dose has no effect I can detect. I conclude that there was a physiological deficiency, it's been fixed and is unlikely to re-occur. Vitamin A is fat-soluble, it follows therefore that increasing fat intake will also increase fat-soluble intake like vitamin A if present. Maybe that's where the improvements come from, at least in part.

Fat, in and of itself, without any simultaneous intake of fat-solubles, is most likely responsible as well. Fat is essential for a multitude of physiological functions, from hormones to cellular structures. So, if there is improvement, it's most likely because of both the added fat and concurrent fat-solubles. But beyond fixing an underlying deficiency, it's gonna be meh.

I even think that if it's done as I did - a mega-dose protocol of vitamin A, along with daily LC - there won't be any more noticeable effect from the admitedly small dose of fat in a cup of coffee or two. Instead, now the incompetentor effect of coffee will become the thing we finally notice, as I did too.

I'm not suggesting you all go out and do what I did. No, I'm saying the small yet real effect is only made possible by an on-going physiological deficiency to some degree. Once fixed, the potential for this small yet real effect disappears cuz there's nothing to fix anymore, at least nothing that an admitedly small dose of extra fat can actually fix.

It's just an idea, don't take any of this too seriously.

-edit- Just so you guys know, I was writing this while drinking a cup of coffee with a good dose of salted butter. I guess I could have made it a bit more concise or something.