#10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-01, 18:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Bill,

Any activity,I think, if done within your hearts's target zone, should work. I've worked the last 3 months at a client's office within a 25 minutes walk uphill, and had to walk 15 minutes for lunch as well, both are one way, so this makes a total of 60-80 minutes a day. It worked wonders and really helped speed my fat loss. I tend to prefer weight lifiting as I gain muscle easily, but this was an eye opener as to the benefit of aerobic exercise. Now that my contract is over, I'm planning on doing the same routine of walking for the sake of exercise.

I recall reading in "Fit or Fat" about a woman who compalained about not losing while exercising streneously (sp?). It turned out sho had been too sedentary for too long, and was exercising way beyound her range/zone. Finally, when they asked her to simply walk slowly, that did the trick and she started loosing, because a slow walk was all she needed to reach her target zone. This rings a bill, as when I was 400 lbs, a 5 minute walk would make me feel like I'm having a hear attack!

Wa'il