View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 17:59

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Wink What is new and exciting?

After almost a year on metformin I'm finally pregnant! This is my first pregnancy ever and when I did the hpt on the 20th I was shocked to see two lines. I did two more tests before my husband got home and then he made me do another. Then I went out to get a different brand and did number five, all positive! I had an appt. with my GP and she
ordered HCG levels. Friday was 1406 and Monday was 5064. She told me to stop the metformin on Friday. I had previously done a bunch of research on the internet about this and I don't want to stop it. My husband and I went back today and she ordered an ultrasound for in two weeks for dating. We think I'm 5wks + 3days according to when I believe I o'd but according to my period I would be over 6 weeks. We talked to her again about the metformin and showed her an article. I was kindof nervous about admitting I hadn't stopped it. (I did decrease it to 2000mg instead of 2500mg) She asked me to make an appt. with my endo to discuss it and I have arranged that for next Wed. I can't tell you how excited I am about all this but I'm also feeling nervous too because of "what if's". My husband won't let me tell anyone, not even you guys but I said I HAVE to talk to internet people about it if I can't tell me friends and family.
My symptoms are:
acid reflux and heartburn
dry mouth +++
nausea more in the evenings
fatigue
menstrual type cramps
emotional (feel like crying easily)
frequent urination (all the time)

And I've lost 3 lbs since I've been prego!

I really really hope I get to keep this baby. I don't want to go through losing it but I'm trying to keep positive - at least I know I CAN get pregnant now. I'm praying everyday.
For anyone ttc. This was my first cycle charting after reading
"Taking Charge of your fertility" by Tony Weschler. We'd been unofficially trying for a year without any luck.

Glad to hear your doing so good Jos! Good luck with getting back on the wagon.

-Brenda in BC