View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-15, 07:33

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Agree with all the above. Even for a young college girl, who one would expect to weigh less than an older woman, a goal of 100lbs at 5'4" sounds like it might be influenced more by the fashion and advertising industries rather than health and fitness.

All industries want your money. The fashion and advertising people are no different, and maybe among the worst since they couldn't care less if you literally kill yourself, as some have, in the attempt to alter your body to something they know is impossible for most. While you keep buying diet aids in the quest for size zero, they keep making money. Sorry to sound lecturey but I was an actress for many years and know that the pressure to stay impossibly thin backfires on everyone sooner or later.

That said....I've been paleo/primal (meaning I do eat a little dairy) for several years and love it. One of the principles is to try to eat food that has been grown or raised naturally, i.e. without hormones, chemicals and genetic modification. Look for grass-fed meat, free-range poultry, organic fruits and vegetables, wild-caught fish. Unfortunately that kind of superior quality food is very expensive. So, I would recommend saving your money to spend on that good food whenever possible and don't spend it on package deals or paleo gurus. As Werebear and Jey so wisely said, there is a ton of free info on the internet, Mark Sisson's Daily Apple is a terrific resource, and the basics couldn't be simpler: no grains, sugar, beans or dairy. You don't need to pay anyone a dime to tell you that. Good luck!