View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-15, 08:58

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
They found that Americans still want to lose weight but they don’t want to give up too much.
Ay, there's the rub!

How much--or what--is "too much"? A lifestyle fix means giving up the stuff that makes us fat, namely sugar, starchy and processed foods, and fruit beverages. We won't even mention beer and wine. Nothing else will work, and you have to do it...well, forever.

I'm guessing WW in any configuration will continue to make money off the disappointed dreams of people who refuse to "give up too much."

Quote:
Wasn't the unlimited fruit and low saturated fat what lost many members when they switched to PointsPlus?? Went crazy with hunger with no limit on fructose and little fat to balance it.
I haven't looked at the plan. I'm guessing that one's allocated points take in present and goal weights, etc. and "point" to a menu that substantially reduces calories in a "balanced" way.

Baloney!

For one thing, I don't see how looking up every food you eat and determining points is "simple." Why not simply: Eat This. Don't Eat That.

Hunger is never sustainable. If you fill in the lack of fat with fruit, you may stave off hunger, but you won't make much progress in losing weight unless you have a pretty healthy metabolism to begin with. Okay. I'm prejudiced.

Thanks, Janet, for the entertaining information on Oprah's latest.
Sponsored Links