View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: Nondieting/Moderation
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Venting Here! May NOT want to read this!

Hi all!

Do any of you ever wake up just sick and tired of dealing with food?

I'm just so tired of this. Honestly!

I'm 51. I've been trying to "watch" what I eat and to eat a healthier diet for over 35 years. I have NEVER succeeded.

What in the world makes me think that I'm going to "succeed" this time?

I am just so very tired of having the majority of my day consumed with what does and does not go into my mouth.

Something as enjoyable as food - something that God has given us to enjoy and to be thankful for - has become my enemy.

When did this happen?

I am just SO tired of this.

I'm tired of this being the main thought when I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night. I'm tired of it being an issue at every holiday or family gathering (issue to me, not to anyone else, my family loves me).

I just read an article from a doctor who's grandmother lived to be 106. (Not that I'm looking to live one day past when God has ordained my life to end.) But, he talks about how sad it was that this woman who lived to be 106 on a "moderation" type of diet was "unsuccessful" because by the age of 90, she had hip problems.

This doctor pushes a vegetarian diet. I'm certainly not God, but I would have to assume that this doctor (the grandson of the woman who lived to be 106) will never see that age. Yet, to him, she was a "diet" failure because at the age of 90 she began to have health problems!

He talks about how she ate the smallest amounts of food. I can bet you that this woman who lived to be 106 never once spent a day worrying about what did and did not go into her mouth - just like both of my grandmothers who lived to be in their 80's.

I sometimes just have to wonder what I am doing with myself - other than making myself crazy.

I would like to know anyone in their 90's who doesn't have some health issues....our bodies just plain wear out!

I just don't know if I can spend another day like this.....then, maybe, just maybe, this is ALL hormonal!

I desperately need some help here.

Oh, well. I will try to have a better day.
Sponsored Links