#13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 08:38
Registered Member

Plan: montignac
Stats: 140/140/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default re

i have read that splenda is made with chlorine, which seems bad, but if i lived in the states where it is available, i would probably use it. it seems the healthiest. it is so hard to choose, because there seems to be something wrong with each sugar choice, no clear cut winner. except stevia, which i do not like.
this information about fructose is from nourishing wisdom. anyway, the book says it is not recommended because it is highly refined, and actually if used daily, has more of an aging and toxic effect than table sugar. sucrose is made of glucose and fructose, and fructose is actually the harmful part of it.
i have also read that it raises cholesterol and triglycerides and makes blood more prone to clotting, to those who might be susceptible. diabetics use it, it does not raise their insulin, but does affect their heart. high fructose corn syrup is even worse.
eating the occassional fruit does not provide enough to worry over, but daily refined fructose is not recommended.
if you do a search on yahoo, you will get lots of info on this.
that said, i use saccharin, and i am sure i can find out alot more bad stuff about that on a quick search! i am certainly no expert at all here, just passing on what i have read. fructose is definitely montignac's sugar of choice.