#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 07:08

Plan: Keto but wanting to chang
Stats: 165/154/136 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy New here!

Hello All.

I've struggled with my weight and have been on diets for most of my 40 years. I have never been able to eat like a "normal" person. My system seems to be extremely sensitive e.g. I will find myself gaining 2 kilo's from just one piece of cheesecake etc I think this is my metabolism protesting from too many diets day in and day out. This year I started the Atkins diet but never made it past phase 1 as a reached a plateau so didn't want to add more carbs. I think I lost about 3 kilos on Atkins. Then I discovered the Keto way of eating, which wasn't too much of a transition from Atkins, apart from the restriction of protein (which I found extremely difficult) on which I lost a further 2 kilos. In the beginning I did suffer from keto flu, but overcame it and experienced the bad breath, increased energy, etc that is characteristic of being in a ketogenic state. But now, 2 months into Keto, I am a mess. I am constipated, my skin is dry, flaky and sensitive, and I have absolutely no energy. I track my macro's every day and keep well within them. But I feel in my heart that I need to increase my carbs as I don't think that such extreme carb restriction is right for my body in particular. I am also considering switching to Paleo, but I love dairy so am quite loathe to give it up. I am petrified though that increasing my carbs will result in weight gain, as I still have 5-10 kilos (10-20 pounds) to lose. Any advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. I just want to feel "normal", happy and energetic again.
Sponsored Links