View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 21:18

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Doh, of course you know what a Chapters is - you're in BC. I should have looked! They haven't removed the chairs or sofa's here yet, but they've taken the newspapers and stacked them behind the cashes; and you're not supposed to be able to take anything you haven't paid for into the Starbucks' - but that never sticks.

Re the glutamine; I'm pretty sure you're thinking of flaxoil. And I'm pretty sure it was a post by Doreen about how to add it into the blender at the end, or not blend it all (flax is very unstable and oxidizes when exposed to heat and light). Glutamine is an amino acid and it's as stable as.... a table? Mix it, blend it, chug it.. pour it in coffee (hot or cold) it'll still do the trick!

I think the kicker for my thyroid stablizing has been steady loss, adequate calories - no starvation crap - and the weight lifting. I'm starting also to understand that the refeeds I started doing when I played around with the CKD probably had an effect. Refeeds refer to eating more than maintenance level calories (in my case 3200 or so) in 12 hours, 80% carbs very little fat, a little bit more protein all with a goal to raising leptin levels and convincing the body it's not starving and can go back to losing fat. Leptin is most commonly called the anti-starvation hormone. I keep reading more and more about a connection between Leptin, T4 conversion to T3, ghrelin and insulin resistance. I posted some stuff on Leptin last Fall in the Media/Reseach forum (a search will pull it up for you lickity split).

I bet if you sat down infront of an open post window you'd come up with a first journal entry in no time

Nighters,
Nat