View Single Post
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-09, 09:46
Modified :)

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

Did chest/ back on Monday, did all bench presses at 27.5(60lbs) and all other exercises and weights as per last time.

Did legs yesterday (for the first time in a month ) - did my first set of squats at 100kg (220lbs) out of paranoia coz it's a fair weight and embarrassment in a busy gym if it goes tango uniform on the first set lol, but it was dead easy, so went straight back up to 120kg (265lbs) and did the rest of my sets, only bottoming out on the last rep of the last set where I had to drop it on the safety.

Had to wait ages to get on the squat rack coz there was a serious regular who's also a member of staff doing scary weighted deads from knee level off the squat safety bars, I thought about using the leg press but was glad I just waited to do squats, because they make me feel much more like I've really hit my legs.

Did leg extensions on 18, moved to 19 for a couple then realised that I just couldn't do any more and ended up on like 17 or something..... squats kicked hell out of my quads

SLDL did first set at 80kg (176 lbs) then put it back up to 90kg (198 lbs) - managed everything with a few grunts and really felt it in my hams

Seated calf raise - I've maxed the standing calf raise machine so this (or messing about with bars and plastic steps or leg press machine) is the only way I can do calves, but didn't have a clue what weights to use. Did first set at 40kg (88lbs), which was waaaay too easy, did second set at 80kg(176lbs) but it was a bit too much, so ended up settling on 70kg (154lbs) for the last set.

Legs are aching today, I missed this feeling