#11   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 16:17
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
As far as workout tips, the program allows you to customize your body blueprint with different shape cards for your upper, mid, and lower body. There are different sets for men and for women and each of the 3 areas has, like 5 or 6 cards. You pick the one for each area that looks the most like you currently (not in terms of weight, but in terms of where your pudge is), then you turn the 3 cards over to see what you might look like after you do the body sculpting workout. Then you select the set of pages that corresponds to what you need to do to get to your "new" body. There's no point in doing exercises that don't target the area you're trying to sculpt, he says. The program comes with a body resistance band with handles - you secure it through a closed door and workout twice a week for 15-18 minutes, depending on which shaping moves you're doing. I know 15-18 minutes doesn't seem like a lot - especially for me, because I've been doing the Firm on and off for years! - but I was astonished at how deeply I felt the exercises, doing them slowly with continued resistance and focusing on perfect form. The program comes with a videotape that shows every single move, correctly demonstrated and explained - you obviously only need to watch the moves that are specific to your body. You're also supposed to add 45 to 60 minutes of cardio in your fat-burning zone - he recommends rhythmic walking - but I modify my Firm tapes to keep my heart rate from shooting up out of the fat burning range.

Yeah! That's the stuff I was hoping the book would include. I've seen him show busy moms on Extreme Makeover really quick work outs they can do without a lot of equipment. Maybe I'll have to get the entire program so I can get that info.