View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-17, 18:12

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 312/235/185 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default Water fasting and blood pressure

hi. Dennis here -- I am struggling with high blood pressure and the doctor has tried me on a couple of drugs. I'm also diabetic but am controlling my BG with LC diet for over 2 years now. I was cheating some the last year but now I'm back on a stricter low carb diet again. I even cut diet sodas with splenda etc. out. I have noticed my blood sugars are good and low again -- 68 fasting and 81-83 2 hours after I eat. Also I've been losing some weight again. But my blood pressure is still high. I'm taking 160mg valsartin but it has no effect. He wanted me to take a thiozide diuretic but they are known to raise blood sugars so I got off it. He wants me on a calcium blocker also but the one he suggested raises blood sugars -- the one (that I researched) that doesn't rasie blood sugars lowers them quite a bit (and mine are already acceptably low).

Here's my question. I've read on the internet a lot about a 10 day water only fast lowering blood pressure a significant amount. Of course many sites want you on a vegatarian diet afterword. I'd stick with low carb. Do you think a 10 day fast would be too much as I'm already low carb? I wonder, if I try this, if I should wean off the valsartim before I try this. The doctor probably would freak (he's a drugs first type of doctor) but I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a reduction of moderatly high blood pressure from a 10 day water only fast. Should I cease Co Q10 vit. D fish oil etc. while on the fast?

Thanks for your thoughts

Dennis
Sponsored Links