View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 22:19
Registered Member

Plan: Non-specific
Stats: 234/145/120 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

~khrussva -- thank you for that very detailed post! Your weight loss is really incredible! I'd love to halve my weight too but at this point I'll settle for a stable appetite and weight.

I seem to be plateauing at your two week mark -- I feel better when I get over the low carb flu, but there's no improvement after that. But I'm definitely in your post-honeymoon period too, I can't help thinking about how perfectly a buttered Kaiser bun would go with with my clam chowder, and how much I'd love an orange for dessert . . .

That's really interesting that you became a morning person after a while! I'm a serious night owl right now, I don't go to bed until five in the morning, I simply can't fall asleep before then.

I can't even eat berries, I'm too close to my carb limit, I used up frozen cherries I found in the freezer a while ago but even an extra 5 carbs per day messed me up. I'd love it if I could tolerate more carbs later on but that's so long to wait.

~GRB5111 -- that's exactly what's happening here, I'm trying so hard to stick to it but in the four months since I got into ketosis I've had two slip-ups, possibly three, and I'm just not adapting. I just don't know if I have the willpower to go three months without making one single mistake.

How long would you recommend staying on the diet? I know you said that everyone's different but surely there's a point where if something was going to happen it would've happened by then? I figured that was the three month mark.

I'm not actually checking my ketone levels, I can't afford it, I'm going by how I feel. I do feel a change after the low carb flu ends, I think that means I'm in ketosis but I don't know for sure.

Thank you, I could use some luck here!

~deirdra -- one of my problems is that it's very hard for me to get to the store, I try to go only once a month, twice at the most, so I'm very limited in the vegetables I can buy. I was buying frozen veggies but the bags all have broccoli in them, and now that I'm going to try the low FODMAP diet I'm at a dead loss for what to eat vegetable wise.

I love that idea for a sorbet! I wonder if you could make ice cream by using cream instead of water? My blender would probably die a horrible lingering death if I tried that though.

I'm lucky, treats don't really trigger cravings for me, they might not satisfy my hunger and I might binge on them though! In the past I'd treat myself to a piece of chocolate cake or bag of chips after I went shopping or cooked to make up for the extra work I did and then get right back to my usual meal plan.

I'm taking a multivitamin and using half salt so hopefully I have the vitamins and minerals handled! The low FODMAP diet is an elimination diet so I guess I've got that one down too, though I won't start that until I use up my homemade frozen dinners.

~Kristine -- you adjusted really fast! How were you eating before then, were you already eating low carb or did you go straight from a high carb diet?

I'm sure there's something else going on too, I didn't expect a cure, but I thought that being in ketosis would do something, you know? Provide some kind of a benefit? I keep asking myself why I'm bothering anymore and not coming up with any real answers. I love the food but I'm so sick of being hungry and I'm desperate for fruit.