View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 22:04
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 145/140/? Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Cool Snowboarding: energy & cold tolerance way up!

I went snowboarding today with a friend and it was absolutely wonderful. It was my first day out this season which normally gives me about 80% pain and 20% enjoyment. I generally feel lethargic, cold, sleepy and severe muscle exhaustion and I was psychologically prepared for this. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I didn't feel fatigued at all, my motivation and confidence were very high and I didn't get cold. My male companion who I board with on a regular basis was exhausted much before I was. So for me, my first day of snowboarding was 99% pleasure and about 1% pain (of course there's always frozen toes to account for that).

I have definately noticed how I don't seem to be phased by cold temperatures anymore. It was -10 C which normally would FREEZE me but it felt fine. The whole winter so far I've been noticing this. Has anyone else noticed their tolerance to cold temperatures has gone up?

Anyhow, just wanted to post this to motivate anyone new who might be checking the boards and wondering about some of the benefits of this way of eating. I also find it motivating to read the amazing changes that occur for other Paleo eating people.
Sponsored Links