View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 05:36

Plan: Low Carb High Fat (LCHF)
Stats: 268/242/160 Female 5' 8-1/2"
BF:too much
Progress: 24%

Hi Star,

Thanks for telling me how to change my plan! Well, it sounds like that Atkins/GI program worked really well for you, and it sounds very similar to what one could do with Core.

I originally lost 20 lbs in just 2-3 months, and then slowly lost the next 10 lbs over several more months of not being 100% on program but still attending meetings. I lived in San Diego at the time (now we've moved to Illinois) and I had a fantastic, inspiring WW leader who had lost 85 lbs and looked like a model! She'd kept it off for a few years. Anyway, I think that's the main reason I kept going every week, plus it kept me on track. Most of the people at the meetings are on Flex, as I'm sure you're aware, but there are leaders and meeting attendees that do Core also. Anyway, if I had applied myself more seriously, I could have lost a lot more over that year period, but I kept getting off track.

That's a good idea what you do with your BF's goodies. I have a "snack drawer" in the kitchen that I try not to go into, but oftentimes the snacks get left out for me to have to try to avoid. Got to get them trained!

I know what you mean about the fruit. I need my fruit! I have felt that if I did Atkins I would probably have to stay on Induction for a few months since I have a significant amount to lose (as Dr. Atkins did mention in the book somewhere as a suggestion) but I couldn't go without fruit for that long.

Anyhow, I'd be interested to hear how it's going for you. And I'll try to update this board from time to time.

Oh, and on the Weight Watchers site there's a great Core Plan message board that has tons of great tips and recipes.

Have a great week!