View Single Post
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Jun-10-16, 19:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Thank you for starting this challenge, Thud. The parameters are excellent: not only choosing a challenge, but keeping to it for the full 90 days makes it less of an easy out.

When I was in TBI therapy last year, I had to keep a daily log of my symptoms. I had daily, chronic headaches that waxed and waned. When I started to log the times they got worse, I realized that one of them was when I was making breakfast. AND, part of that was looking back and forth, quickly, from, for example, the teapot to the counter where I fed the cat.

My vision was the hardest hit by the head injury...making ourselves AWARE of what we're doing that makes improving our lives more challenging is the hardest part of improving them. But once we focus on that tiny little piece, it becomes easier.

Had I not been focused on the level of h/a, I wouldn't have learned to close my eyes when I turn back and forth as I do tasks.

Had I not been focused on the WHY behind afternoon hunger, I wouldn't have thought about the fact that I was using less fat in my breakfast.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU!