View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 08:08

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

Qwert, many people are allergic to cashews - they have a chemical similar to what's in poison ivy - maybe you could try almonds instead and see if you have any reactions. Pistachios and mangoes are in the same botanical family as cashews and many people react to them as well.

Also, muesli looks pretty high carb to me - if you must have it, try eating it with fat and protein in the same meal, because when you eat a bunch of carbs by themselves you spike up your blood sugar and insulin and that's what we're trying to avoid. I believe those insulin spikes contribute to our PCOS. The fat and protein will help level out your blood sugar jump.

Also, rice milk has a lot of sugar in it, I suspect you are reacting to that and not to any oil in it.

If you feel oily, I doubt it's coming straight from your food - I think it's from your hormones, probably the androgenic ones that are making you break out in acne. I personally had more androgen symptoms when my insulin levels were high, which was when I was eating lots of carbs of course. My skin became drier when I started eating more fat instead. Maybe when you are ready you could try fish oil instead of flax.

Of course, Shazzer has pointed out that we are getting hormones in our food supply that mess us up too if we are sensitive to them, so even a perfect diet might not help us completely if we are eating antibiotics and pesticides.

You poor girl, it sounds like your hormones are a total mess! If you decide to pester your doctor again for hormones tests insist on saliva testing, that's the best way to measure them from what I've read. I can try to Google up a page for you after work tonight if you can't find anything on your own.