Old Sun, Apr-10-11, 09:01
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbean
Calling all Veterans of South Beach. I plan on starting phase 1 on Monday (switching from Atkins to South Beach). I have read the book, okay skimmed parts, read most, but still have some questions.

1) Can I still drink Atkin's shakes once a day? No Atkins shakes or bars.
2) Can I eat the Atkin granola bar that is permitted during Atkin's induction? no, see above.
3) Besides lean meats, can I eat unlimited of the following (until full not stuffed):
- Low-Fat Skim String Cheese (or any cheese that meets the criteria in the book); hard Cheeses need to be kept to a max of 4 ozs per day based on my expeirence. part of 2 cup dairy daily total
- Mussels and Clams; this is a protein that is an allowed one from the list. Start small(4-6 ozs) and have seconds if still hungry
- Vegetables on the allowed list for phase 1- all phase I veggies are unlimited
4) How much Avocado and Tomato am I allowed to have in phase 1? see the food list for avocado( its under good fats) portion, tomato can be as much as you want
5) Am I allowed to have sugar free water flavor enhancers? yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbean
Thanks for your answers. I probably would not be confused if I was not doing Atkin's first. I get some of the rules crossed and wanted to clarify for my sanity.

Please make sure that you locate the food lists and meal plan guides to refer to as you learn to eat the SBD way. They are the 2nd and 3rd posts in the weighin thread.