#47   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-06, 05:34

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizlea
Sorry I haven't posted in ages, I have had a busy time with family and school. I'm still gaining weight and am at my wits end. I have tried so hard for so long, doing all the right things (I thought), first with WW and now with TSP. I don't eat processed food, I measure my carbs, I eat sufficient protein and fats and vegetables, and I do as much exercise as living with Chronic Fatigue allows. And yet here I am, still gaining weight after already gaining 20 pounds. I can't take it any more. My self esteem has always been fragile but now it is going down the toilet. I would do anything to be healthy and be the weight at which my body is happiest. But I don't feel right with flab in folds on my tummy, and cottage cheese thighs. I have no idea what to do. What am I doing wrong? What can I feasibly do??? I have no idea but I needed to vent because I am so frustrated and fed up with doing my best and getting no where. AAARGH !!!!!! *Tears out hair*... at least I'm having my periods again I guess.

My best advice to you,which is based on what is currently working for me, is gently lower your carb intake. How many carbs are you getting at a meal or in a day? That number is too high for you.
Schwarzbein is about building health, but it's not necessarally about weight loss, I find. Your calorie intake may also be high now in comparison to WW.
I'm not saying zero carbs, just try gently bring it down to maybe 20 carbs a meal and keep working with it.
My experience with this is that I hung out on the carnivore threads and meat and egg threads, and seeing their experience became confident I could progress better to my goal if I allowed myself to eat more meat and eggs and lose the brown rice, cheese, all wheat, all beans, all bread. This happened to coincide with a time of the month (TOM) or period . I lost all cravings and gained immense energy. Pounds dropped off. Actually too fast, so for the last couple of days I've added more veggies back to slow the weightloss because I'm aiming for about 1-2 lbs a week loss rather than a precipitous drop. I think for a lot of people Schwarzbein is good for maintenance, but not weight loss unless you have two or three years to play with.
That's my experience. Because you have delicate health concerns I would work slowly and not allow the body panic.