Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 07:58
The Patient Loser

Plan: LCHF/keto
Stats: 165/159/135 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
Quasimodo, thanks for the sharing of your own journey and taking the time to respond. I am not sure what you are asking when you ask what version of Atkins I am using. I am following the Westman, Volek and Phinney (The New Atkins for a New You protocol. I have had to drop back to induction. Nuts and berries are a problem for me so going higher on the rungs makes little sense.

Gotcha. There are many versions of Atkins--I follow the 2002 version (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, the last version written by Dr. Atkins, I'm told), which relies mostly on whole foods, with some allowances for sweeteners. I am not as familiar with the later versions of Atkins, but I understand that they are more free with their suggestions/allowances of bars, shakes, etc., which have been reported to stall people's weight loss. Knowing this helps me to understand where you are at, and it's a common question that people ask when trying to help others figure out what might be stalling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
I have still not been able to find the answer to my original question. The answer may lie in the original post in The Scale Lies The explanation of the action of fat cells in the face o f a dietary change makes sense and may well explain the rocky road displayed when charting/graphing daily weights --including inexplicable (from the point of dietary intake and hormones) 4 pound, overnight, weight gains that don't go away.

Indeed we are all different. Good luck on your weight loss journey. You are doing well. And thanks again. I am definitely a Turtle.[

I found that article to be super helpful for me as well during my long stall, as well as during other shorter ones. Sometimes people find it easier not to weight daily, but rather weekly or monthly, because the fluctuations can be quite all over the place when weighing daily. I wouldn't blame you in the least, though, if you wanted to weigh daily. That works best for me.

Anyway, hope you figure out what's going on. I thought I was going to be a turtle, being that I'm pre-menopausal and 46 years old, but it hasn't turned out to be true. Hopefully you'll hit on what works for you and find that you aren't one after all.