View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-09, 14:23

Plan: Atkins/Leptin Hybrid
Stats: 150/131/130 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 95%

Lotsa great tips here, but I will say this about packaged low carb foods. YMMV, truly. (Your Mileage May Vary) Depending on how you use them, they work for some of us. I don't have an Atkins bar every day, but I do eat them on occasion, like when I feel like treating myself. I have never noticed any problems with them, but I do feel like they could slow me down if I just ate them willy-nilly. Having one once in awhile isn't going to mess me up, but you can tell just from this thread, I seem to be an exception. I knew from past Atkins experience that frankenfoods aren't Induction-friendly.

Plan for those moments when hunger strikes outta nowhere. Prepare yourself. Have lots of safe treats on hand. Cooked bacon, boiled eggs, cream cheese celery, cheese sticks, and, if you're a freak like me who loves salads, always have a bag of baby spinach or prepared lettuce (or both) onhand and some stuff to put on it.

And (I can't stress this enough) try to keep in mind that THIS IS NOT A DIET. It's a lifestyle change. If you're doing this just to drop some pounds and then go back to eating the way you always have, you'll end up like me. This is my second Atkins journey. My first went exceedingly well. I lost all my weight, stayed on plan for about a year, but I gave in to temptation (my husband and his family), and regained almost all I had lost in a matter of months. Don't even go into this if you're planning to do as I did. It's really depressing to realize that you trashed everything you worked for for a long time in a matter of months.