View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 14:33

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
I seem to be getting bashed for simply doing my so called “Refeeds” and having an occasional Ritz cracker. Are you all trying to tell me that having an occasional meal at a restaurant which only results in a broken stall and additional weight loss is a bad thing?

Willam, you'll have to decide that for yourself. You started this thread wondering if "Atkins" was killing you too. When several pointed out to you that with including refeeds and eating products that contain transfats (something the plan states to avoid at all stages, not just when you feel like it or during induction), you weren't really doing Atkins, you get defensive. The book is very clear about what are and are not considered healthy fats and especially points out the dangers of transfats. If you choose to ignore that and eat what you please, then don't blame the plan. I eat out with my friends and family all the time without breaking my plan. There are plenty of healthy choices available at many restaurants today. If you choose to use eating out with your friends as an excuse to eat unhealthy things, that's your choice but again...it's not part of any low carb plan that I'm aware of. Even CAD which allows a reward meal speaks to making wise choices.
Perhaps it would have been better, since you aren't following the plan as written, to question whether or not your version of Atkins wasn't working out as you'd like instead of doing things that are not recommended and then blaming Atkins for any results you get that you don't happen to like.
If you're happy with your results, then by all means continue. If not, then rethink your version of Atkins and make some changes. Either way, it's not exactly fair to not follow a plan as written and then blame it when you don't like the results.