#3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-17, 09:13

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 230/165/160 Male 67
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcc0455
Technically it was about 23.5 hours. I put first in the title, not because I am committed to continue with 24 hour fasts, but I had been intermittent fasting on a 16/8 schedule and this was the first time I took it that far. I am still skeptical of a lot of the claims regarding fasting, but I do think it is a good tool. In this case, I had sort of binged on fat yesterday, and was not really hungry. Once I made it to lunch, I decided to keep going until dinner. Breaking the fast, I had my usual meat and salad meal, about 464 calories, 6g carbs with 70% fat. I only mention that because I was surprised that I did not feel the need to over eat to make up for the fast. I'll stick with the 16/8 protocol for now, but may do the 24 hour fast on occasion.

I had planned on going back to 16/8 IF yesterday, but as I got close to my eating window, I realized I was not really hungry. I decided to skip lunch, thinking I could always grab a snack before dinner if needed. I wound up completing a second day of 24 hour fasting. Today, I am debating weather to go for a third day, or break the fast at 16 hours. To be honest, its not really about being hungry but the routine. Since retiring and spending more time at home, planning, preparing and eating the meals are more of an activity than just satisfying hunger. I'll probably go ahead and eat 2 meals today.