View Single Post
  #978   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-18, 18:05

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---I absolutely think the shakes could be an ice cream substitute for you, with hardly any work invested. I make mine w/cold pressed coffee, (SO roasty tasting) cream, a scoop of French Vanilla whey protein powder (2 carbs) and sometimes add a tsp of peanut butter powder Lori suggested (2 carbs) Use my stick stirrer and it's nicely thick and creamy. Top it off by throwing in some ice cubes. I'll let you know how the salted caramel protein powder tastes (3 carbs). Then I'm going to experiment w/1/2 cup of mashed stawberries. (about 4 carbs). Fat, protein, yummy. LOL, I think I'm on my way to being the shake queen. Maybe I'll work on a key lime version and get back to you.

Wow, do I ever love your bucket list! Googled the Sloth sanctuary to see what it was about and that looks particularly fascinating and heart lifting.

Lori---Oh my, now those toasted cheese sandwiches would be for me like ice cream is to you. Hubby likes to make them w/his soups, so I had to find a sub. Have you ever tried Joseph's Lavash bread?" Comes in a big thin sheet. I slice that into 3 pieces, save the third piece, and make two toasted cheese "burritos" for about 6 carbs out of the other 2 pieces. Fried up, or even rolled up and microwaved. Add some salsa and a dollop of sour cream to the top if eating it alone, or just dip as it in my soup as is. YUM.

Your friend sounds like an amazing athlete who really enjoys the challenge and time she puts in. She must be in amazing shape. I agree w/Nic, don't think 10K in Scotland right now, just think TODAY's training. See where that takes you. No law against deciding not to run it, but knowing you, betcha once you've trained up nothing's going to stop you!

Jaz---You sound excellent regarding your woe and your attitude! And I agree, give a bit more attention to portion control, and add in some movement---doesn't have to be a whole lot, and you'll pass up last year in results.

Is tomorrow your birthday? Have to get ready with the horns and confetti. I'm wishing you the gift of a new house to live in, and a new body to live in!

In answer to your question, no matter our decision, our lifestyle is going to change, and I'm all over doing it in as many small and painless ways as I can. Like my husband always says, it all adds up. He BTW, is wondering where his Blue went and when they're bringing her back. The other day he said to me, "wait a minute girl, I'm the king skinflint around here, and don't you forget it!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did very well out to eat last night, on plan and on budget. No LC appetizer. Fun but bad habit financially. Split a large salad w/my pal when normally I would order and eat the whole one. Had a cup of chili w/it. (maybe 15 carbs in beans, but those are really the only carbs I had yesterday.) No Diet Coke, small costs add up. Just water, better for me anyway. Had a nice time w/my pal, great chat, totally satisfied w/my dinner.

I have always had "big eyes" when it comes to menus. Hubby says he's sure I was a starved peasant in another life, as he thinks I have a perpetual fear of not getting enough food. He's not wrong, even when it's low carb, I order and hence eat more than I need. Taking a hard look at that too right now. Learning to say to myself, if you want more, you can always order more. But I don't think I really want more, just old habits of thinking. Trying to let satisfaction set in instead of racing ahead of it.

Snowy and cold here today. Ran an errand or two and was so happy to get back home and cozy. Nested the heck out of the rest of the day. My list of things to do starts up again tomorrow, so happy to laze the day away when I can.