#36   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: None right now
Stats: 150/144/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Post RE: LOW SEROTONIN

Sorry for the delay, I tried to post my reply twice the other day and each time it said I had to log in and after I did my message was gone! I think that happened b/c I was accessing the forums from a hotmail window...

Now, to answer your question about nutrients that boost serotonin, these are: the amino acid tryptophan (or its by-product 5-HTP), B-complex (especially B6), magnesium, calcium, and good oils rich in essential fatty acids (ie. flaxseed, evening primrose, borage, fish liver oils).

You probably gained so much weight b/c of high insulin in your body, that also accounts for the size of your baby.

And about the Dr. that told you to exercise for 2 hrs., he doesn't know what he's talking about! Too much strenous exercise will lower the active form of thyroid hormone, therefore, reducing our metabolism, who needs that! That's why some people get addicted to exercise, they find that if they stop or slow down they'll gain weight as now they have to burn more calories to just hold off weight gain.

Re. St. Johns Wort: It's not a good idea for anyone taking b/c pills, for info please read this article: http://www.usatoday.com/life/health...ve/lhalt010.htm