#4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 16:43

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default low carb vegetarian meal ideas!

Hi!

Like the other vegetarian low carbers here I also eat a lot of different salads - taco salad, romaine lettuce, tomato, and cheddar with a purreed avacado as dressing, spinach with carmelized onions - and while they are carmelizing melt in some cream cheese, and mix it with blue cheese. Also a lot of veggies roasted asparagus, boiled artichoke with lemon butter, I made an eggplant parmesan coating the eggplant with a dried and crumbled slice of Atkins bread.

Indian recipes also have a lot of vegetarian recipes and they are low carb without the rice. www.allrecipes.com has a terrific soup recipe that is so good I make it weekly. Just search for 'Tomato Cheddar Soup' on the site. The turnip fries on the Atkins Center website are pretty good.

I have also had some good meals at restaurants that give me ideas of what to make at home - at Chili's I ordered fajitas without the beef and tortillas - it tasted SO GOOD! Just sauteed peppers, onions, and mushrooms with spices blended with sour cream, cheddar, and guacamole.

hope that gives you some ideas!