View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-03-17, 08:20

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I'm fascinated with the term "Mediterranean Diet." It's taken on a life of its own; yet, it really is associated with food types from regions that can vary greatly in terms of healthfulness and variety. It makes sense that at varying levels of socioeconomic standing, you would expect to see differences for the reasons stated and then add regional influences as another variable, it makes the whole concept very muddled.

I had this realization when watching the movie, "The Big Fat Fix," as these guys, O'Neill and Malhotra, were having a great time traveling in Italy and other environs sampling the finest cuisine and wine representing the economic category of those who can afford to procure this type of food. While the documentary provided an important message, the many restaurant scenes and fitness pursuits with HIIT routines and massages was confusing and represents a life of luxury that seems to be achievable by some, but not by all. While I enjoyed the messages from the two "Cereal Killers" documentaries previously released by O'Neill, I found the current film sends mixed messages about one's ability to adopt and adapt to this way of eating depending on awareness and financial standing. Is the Mediterranean diet an exclusive diet???