View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 14:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238.5/154/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi Pam...we're back. It was definitely a different holiday. We took my dmil this year and it was pretty stressful for me. She lost her dh in January and has kind of lost her spark. She's also diabetic and doesn't watch what or when she eats. She wasn't left in very good shape financially so she's afraid to spend any money. We paid for everything except her gambling and anything she wanted to buy. She didn't want her son to do anything for her so I was left to do everything. Plus, she followed me everywhere I went and panicked if she couldn't find me. Not a relaxing holiday for sure. Oh, and the first day out...in Vernon we were in an accident. Some guy was reaching for a bag of chips (see, he should have been eating lc), and didn't see the car in front of him stop for a left turn. When he looked up he cranked the wheel and went right down the side of our motorhome. About $2000 damage. We were able to keep driving though.

So, I was pretty stressed all the time and by the end of the holiday I was pretty much eating just about anything that I wanted. I was scared to get on the scale...but was lucky and just gained 2 lbs. So, on Monday I went back on induction and I'm down 3.5 lbs. now. Funny how I could eat so much crap and only gain a little but when I have a little slip at home I gain and can't get rid of it. I've also gotten back on the treadmill so maybe that's helping.

I went in and read your journal and I was wondering why you are eating potatoes. Aren't you eating lc?

You also said in your journal that you were busy in your shop. What kind of shop do you have? We've been writing a little bit now but don't really know anything about each other. So here goes:

I work full time as a secretary for a trucking company. I have 2 grown kids (boy and girl) and 3 grandkids Micayla, Kaedyn and Nolyn who are the light of my life. My dh and I own the Shell station in Cache Creek. (not for long I hope). Hmmmm, can't think of what else to write. Any questions just ask.

Wow...this has turned into a book. Funny how much you miss the computer when you can't get on it. I took my laptop on holidays and could only get interent access once the whole trip.

Okay...off to work. Hope all is well with you.