Old Wed, Jul-29-09, 11:53

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniriki
You've got a lot of great ideas TJ. I am insulin resistant, too, so taking molasses alone isn't good for me either. I bet it makes plain yogurt taste pretty good, though. Or oatmeal. I'll try it both ways.

Have you read Schwarzbein's book 2? What did you think of it? What I don't want is information overload. Then I get stuck debating the pros and cons of different theories and I never really commit to anything. I've been following the JK thread and while it makes a lot of sense, it involves too much weighing and measuring for me. I can easily obsess over food and that w o e would make me fixate on the ratios. I need to keep things pretty simple or I get myself in trouble.

Hey Ann,

Thanks I wish I could take credit for the ideas, but I get them from others who also use molasses and have diabetes!

In regards to Schwarz's book 2, is that The Program? I've read it and it seems pretty similiar to the other book just more concise. I've read just about every diet book out there over the years and what it boils down to is doing what is right for you and your metabolism. I think Schwarz is right for some people in that too low carb for too long can damage the metabolism as well as fasting, etc., especially when you have hormonal issues. Of course, everyone is different but I have adrenal insufficiency so her theories make much since as well as what I've read in the Insulin Resistance Book.

At this point I go by how I feel, and this program makes me feel better and less deprived. Some days I, not by choice, I end up doing a lower carb because of not planning, but most days I follow her principles.

Wishing you well!

TJ