View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-18, 07:06

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I'll just reiterate what has been said, a negative result on a celiac blood test does not mean that you are not sensitive to gluten. Also, I decide whether or not to get testing done for anything in part on whether the results of the testing will cause me to change my behavior. If the answer is "no" then I generally don't get the testing done. Another factor that weighs in on my decision to get testing done is the potential harm being done by the testing itself vs the potential benefits. Nothing could convince me to eat gluten or any other grain. I am not saying not to get the testing done but only to consider whether this is the best route for you to go. A final factor to consider is that it takes a period of time for gluten antibodies to show up in the blood. They show up much more quickly in stool but that is not testing that conventional doctors use. So you can even have celiac disease and get a negative blood test result. You can get stool testing done without a doctor's prescription at Enterolab.com but it will cost you out of pocket.