View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-22, 00:56

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Well, following on from the original, here we are again with a five year maintenance anniversary update to the journey, courtesy of Diet Doctor:

Quote:
If Brendan Reid could invent a time machine, he would go back to his overweight teenage self, sitting alone playing video games in his bedroom, and tell him about the low-carb, keto diet.

More precisely, he would give himself a copy of the book he has just finished writing, The Fat Ginger Nerd, which describes his lifelong struggle with his weight, and his transformation, losing 122 pounds (55 kilos), after ditching the carbs.

“Had I known at that age what I know now, my life could have been so completely different,” Brendan writes in his moving, eloquent book, which will be released at the end of February 2022.

But since time travel is not possible, Brendan hopes, instead, to inspire and help modern-day overweight kids who are bullied and isolated, like he was. Or help the adult versions of those individuals who still carry the pounds and the hurts of those years.

He understands how they are feeling. “It is almost like looking at myself in my earlier years.”

We first shared Brendan’s original success story in January 2017, about 15 months into his low-carb journey. Back then he had reached his goal weight of 180 pounds (82 kilos), after hitting a peak of 302 pounds (137 kilos) two years earlier.

He reached out to us again in early January 2022 to report that after five years he is still in successful maintenance, stable at about 190 pounds (86 kilos), doing well, and excited about the upcoming release of his book.

“The book documents my personal journey of self-discovery. It is a story about how one fat ginger nerd finally fulfilled the simplest of dreams — to just be ‘normal’ — after half a lifetime of wishing and wondering how to make that possible,” Brendan writes.

Full article: https://www.dietdoctor.com/brendan-...others-like-him