View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-10-15, 05:31

Plan: Keto
Stats: 211.9/194.4/145 Female 67 "
BF:Good question!
Progress: 26%

Blue, there is not greater feeling than old clothes that used to be tight that are now too big! That is an NSV if ever there was one! Non-scale Victory! Even after 2 days in to my fat fast, I'm noticing clothes fitting better.

Hey Susan, I saw the progress on your addition! That's going to be nice!

Morning weigh-in after Day 2 of fat fast and I'm down another pound and feel really good! If I were on my scale at home I'd probably be at 198, gosh if I can just keep the numbers under 200 I may believe that I can actually get somewhere with this! I'm weighing at my mom's house right now and her scale is about 2 pounds lighter than mine so I have to make adjustments for that. But, so far...so good. And not to be the bearer of TMI but because of all of the hustle and bustle with my mom in the hospital my normal regularity yesterday morning was not regular...losing a bit of that might improve that scale number too! Hey, I'm serious...it usually does! LOL

Anywho...to answer Linda's question. It was basically, am I following a plan and if so, which one? Well, here's the long and short of it. On the cruise, during Q&A time Dana proposed the question to Dr. Westman about people being completely stalled and having tried every tweak in the book and every type of fat fast (the one in her book, the egg fast, etc.) but still cannot trigger any more weight loss, what suggestions would he make to them? He did say that for some it really is difficult to move beyond certain stages, but he might suggest just doing the fat fast as originally designed by Dr. Atkins of just cream cheese and macadamia nuts for 3 days. That was it, short and simple.

I didn't look up anything at all, what the actual quantities should be or anything. I just thought I'd jump in with what seemed reasonable. So, I am still drinking my morning coffee (you wouldn't like me if I didn't) with cream and a bit of butter and then I eat 1/3 c. whipped cream cheese and a small pile of macadamias for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I snack on a few more macadamias if I get hungry but haven't really gotten hungry much. Yesterday, I have to admit that I did break down a little at lunch. Betsy got a chef salad from the hospital cafeteria for lunch and I got a small plate and put a little of her salad on my plate with a little bit of ranch dressing. I did that just for something that had FLAVOR! lol! I had already eaten my cream cheese and nuts, but just needed some flavor! That little bit of salad with ranch did the trick and I was good for the rest of the day.

Today is day 3 and I see no reason why I won't finish. Tomorrow will be back to very strict low carb. I don't plan on adding a lot of food at once, maybe some bacon and eggs for breakfast, a light lunch and dinner. I hear of too many people who gain everything back after a fat fast...I am hoping to NOT be one of them! Gain some back, yes. Gain all back, I hope not.

Mom should be coming home today. Her surgery was yesterday and everything went well. The doctor said he operated because he felt her type of break would heal much better if he did and after going in there, he felt it was the correct decision and that she should heal very nicely now. They gave her a shoulder block so yesterday she was feeling no pain. As a matter of fact, she couldn't feel anything below her shoulder. Oh gosh, I remember that feeling after my block when I had the rotator cuff surgery. WORST FEELING EVER! It was horrid! You knew your arm should be there, but you could feel nothing. That part should wear off today and then comes the pain. Hopefully, she won't have too much. Anyway, we're looking forward to bringing her home.

That's about it from me for now.

Happy day everyone!