#10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-15, 22:56

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
I've just finished re-reading my LC Bible from cover to cover: Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (paperback published in 1999).

In this edition, he references his practice of Complementary Medicine, and the use of nutritional supplements. He has one chapter called "Nutritional Supplements--The Secrets of the Atkins Center." However, he refers readers to his book Vita-Nutrient Solution for details.

I own this book, too, and have referred to it from time to time for specific purposes. However, I have never taken seriously Dr. Atkins's advice to consult a sympathetic health care professional in order to embark on a personal plan for optimum use of supplements for ongoing health management. For one thing, I wouldn't know whom to consult. For another, his recommendations are HUGE, and I'm not sure I need to make that kind of investment for what some people would call very expensive urine.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has done so? What was your outcome?

For the record, I do take a few supplements, as guided by my doc over the years: multi-vitamin, calcium + D, glucosamine, CoQ10, fish oil, alpha lipoic acid (that's one on Atkins's list), chromium picolinate (also Atkins-advised), magnesium (recently added). I can't particularly know if these substances are "working" because I don't have any health problems! Sometimes it feels like clapping my hands to keep the tigers away. See? No tigers!

Anyway, since Vita-nutrients are such a big deal for Dr. Atkins, I'm curious about the experience of others. Please tell me your supplement story.

Best wishes.

Vita-Nutrient Solution
Enjoying this book again tonight.
Thanks for bringing it up Barbara!
Dr. Atkins was so ahead of his time........