View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 15:53
Independent Thinker

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 198/186/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Usually if the restaurant has a gluten-free menu which features a burger, there are no bread crumbs or other fillers in the ground meat. I've been okay with burgers at Five Guys, and Ted's Montana Grill chains.

I am not zero carb, but I am keeping my carbs very low right now.

I have several questions for the zero carbers.

1. Do you eat organic or grass-fed meat, and free-roam chickens, and wild-caught fish, or do you buy your meat/fish in a regular grocery store.

2. If you eat conventional meat, are you concerned about getting an unbalance of Omega 6 to Omega 3 Fatty Acids from eating feedlot beef/confined chickens/eggs/farmed fish, which are totally different from animals raised before 1930? Do you take Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplements? Other supplements?

3. How is your general health? Is it fine, or do you have any ongoing issues? I'm not interested into prying for details into anyone's health problems, just a general question.

I'm a bit of a health nut. I have no pro or con opinion on doing zero carbs. Whatever people choose to do is absolutely fine with me. I wanted to hear from those who have been doing it for a while regarding their general health. I am eating very low carb right now. I am dealing with some health issues. I am trying to be very careful to not do anything to makes things worse.

(I've read a lot about zero carb in some of the old threads here, and I've also read some stuff on another forum.)

Thanks!