View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-06-15, 13:17

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Several years ago my doctor also suggested South Beach. I lost all my weight on it, so I think you'll be just fine.

Did your doctor mean 10-15 ADDITIONAL carbs? In other words, you should still have been consuming carbs in the form of vegetables on Atkins. Where does he want you to get the carbs from? Don't make the mistake of adding grains, sugar, or starch for this purpose. Extra green veg, a little fruit, maybe a little more dairy, and small portions of sweet potatoes, occasionally, would be ideal.

You almost certainly cured your joint pain by eliminating grains. When I did the same thing I went from a diagnosis of osteopenia to a diagnosis of low normal bone density. It also cured a lifetime rash and adult-onset asthma: all completely unexpected as I was only trying for weight-loss!

I think SB is a good plan, although if I were doing it these days I would never eat low fat or fake fat. Real butter, real eggs, heavy whipping cream and extra virgin olive oil are my choices now. I believe it's perfectly possible to eat those healthy fats and lose weight on SB.