View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-15, 08:57

Plan: AIP (autoimmune paleo)
Stats: 235/185/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I was never sexually abused either, but I too deal with this - I don't think it's just coincidence that there are certain weights where I always stall out (and eventually regain from).

Understanding this self-sabotage is important to me, especially as I both have more to live for now (young kids) and a keen awareness of how much harder it is to lose as I get older, so making this PERMANENT is critically important to me (it's far more important for me to maintain where I am now than to lose another 20 or more pounds).

I've found a lot of the work around Health At Every Size (HAES) quite helpful - it's about accepting your body and Making It Healthy without the self-judgement of the number on the scale. It's not exactly fat acceptance (although you'll find a lot of that in the HAES community too). Groups on Facebook, online, etc for that, and a good book (author is Linda Bacon).

I've also really benefited from the work of shame researcher Brené Brown - she has a few TED talks online, and three books, all of which are useful and helpful to me.

There are other things I find useful periodically in the overarching field of "self love" but I'm hard-pressed to recommend a specific resource, I think it really depends on your personality and what kinds of things appeal to you - I'm very fickle with that stuff...