Old Wed, Jul-26-17, 13:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/LCHF
Stats: 209/185/185 Male 69
BF:reducing
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie
Sorry to correct you, but I don't know what gave you the impression that on less than 20g total carbs per day, and 1500-1700 kcal I was eating 'not enough fat and too much protein'? You're reading something into what I wrote, which isn't there. That's ok.

I saw this list:
Quote:
I am now for the last month on NO cheese, NO cream, NO seeds, NO nuts, and carbs <10g total per day, and mostly just from pickles, cucumbers, or a couple of radishes, NO artificial sweeteners, NO diet soda, NO lc "treats" of any kind, and on a TOTAL hard limit of 1200 kcal per day. That is, the choices are: egg, or some other protein, and a very small <5g vegetable as a condiment. And I MAY hit 8 lbs loss this month, instead of 5 lbs.

And I didnt see alot of fat in your food choices. You took the time to mention vegetable as a condiment ... so I figured you listed almost everything ??
I see I was wrong.

Regardless, I'm glad you are eating more fat than I thought you were as LCHF > Low Carb, High Protien, IMO.

Quote:
I'll also correct you though that I don't think IF is bad at all. I have no idea where you got anything like that from what I wrote, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLC.MD
If you think intermittent fasting is bad for you ... it will be. The mind is a powerful thing.

I did say If. Of course I didn't know what you thought about IF, but I thought I'd plug IF/F as a method, if tolerable, to accelerate weight loss, if you were interested. 30 days ?

For the record, I'm a newbie when it comes to all of this I enjoy coming to a conclusion that I am wrong, as I can prove I actually learned something ! I'm planning on making lots of mistakes.

FWIW, I think Weight Gain and Weight Loss are different between XX and XY. I do think Insulin is Insulin. I doubt men and women have different insulin. I am sure there are 100s of possible reasons (hormones, etc) why weight loss might be easier for men. I just wonder is there proof behind any theories .... and how that might relate to a low carb diet's effectiveness.

Quote:
I don't even know what you mean, when you say "what hormones are different?"

I dont have an exhaustive list ... if fact, I haven't thought about it much.

Probably these to start (in order of interest).

Insulin
Insulin resistance
cortisol
growth hormone
estrogens, androgens
leptin, adiponectin, acylated ghrelin

(Note: I am researching antipsychotics and insulin resistance (a person from the Atkin's forum inspired me)).

I guess I would be interested in what are the top 5 likely XX/XY differences in hormones/metabolism that may make it harder to lose weight. At the end of the day I am more interested in personal stories / opinions than cold medical facts. (I can drum those up myself probably).