#6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-17, 11:40

Plan: M-F vlc, looser LC wkends
Stats: 353.6/244.8/165 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
I'd certainly try to eat more %fat and less protein

Sorry to correct you, but I don't know what gave you the impression that on less than 20g total carbs per day, and 1500-1700 kcal I was eating 'not enough fat and too much protein'? You're reading something into what I wrote, which isn't there. That's ok.

I'll also correct you though that I don't think IF is bad at all. I have no idea where you got anything like that from what I wrote, either. Most of my life I've eaten only 1 or 2 meals per day. Also, when I was at 1500-1700 kcal, my fat % was at 75%.

I have previously fasted for 30 days before, not through choice, but due to illness (pancreatitis). Most of that was dry fasting, as even 2T of water would put me into convulsions of retching and projectile vomiting (of bile, because there was nothing else in me). I lost 2 lbs in those 30 days.

Anecdotal, sure. But additional examples of how biochemical processes are not as simply explained across the entire board as calories in, calories; and neither even as high percentage of fat + IF, equals speedy and effortless weightless for all.

I think your super new found enthusiasm for IF on the boards and your positivity re LC on the board is great.

Quote:
I'd love to see if there is "proof" of this type of concept. And what hormones are different ? Do women have a higher insulin resistance ? Are carbs 4.2 cal/g for women and 3.9 cal/g for men ? Are carbs 4.3 cal/g for women who are overweight and 4.1 cal/g for men who are overweight ? Do women "feel worse" when they calorie restrict to "force them" to eat ? Do women find the power to lose weight when their relationship fails ? or is that a myth too ?
Do women actually have "more of a sugar addiction" (ie. chocolate) than men do ? Why ? or is that a stereo type in women's trashy magazines and people now believe it ?

This, though... I have to say I think you're missing the entire point. Men's and women's bodies are simply not comparable, in the way that you want them to be, in order to make the assessment that you're trying to impose upon them as a side-by-side, equal comparison.

Biologically, we are not the same. It is most definitely not a case of just higher muscle mass in men, and lower muscle mass in women.

Of course our hormones are all different... I don't even know what you mean, when you say "what hormones are different?"

We have hormones in completely differing amounts, proportions, and balances. The same hormones act differently IN the two different sexes.

Hormones affect our other organs, which means that other biochemical processes in the body happen in completely different ways, in the two different sexes. Women have larger thyroids, for a start, due to having more estrogen, and the fact that that estrogen has an anti-thyroid effect in female bodies.

Hormones also, do not act in isolation. Everything acts and reacts in the context of the aggregate environment of the human body as host organism.

I mean, I could go on with hundreds of examples of how men and women's bodies differ, in both physiology, and how all biochemical processes are different to one another. But I think there is enough here to offer some food for thought.

Nothing has anything to do with "stereotypes from women's trashy magazines and people now believe it."