#3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-01, 13:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Welcome

Hi Jane

Welcome. This is definitely a great site for support, the right company for Low-carbing and fun and games.

<I found this site on Friday and spent about two hours this morning searching for it again! > ditto. I recall getting very frustrated when I first accidentally found this site and couldn't find my way back. It gets a lot easier once you subscribe to various threads. I get several e-mails and just click on the link now.

Quote:
Jane: My scales say I've lost 4.5 lbs ... However I don't look or feel (clothing-wise) like I've lost anything. ... Is this normal?

Personally my jeans getting loose was the first indication that I had lost weight. But let's put the question out and see if anyone else identifies.

Sweeteners: Now that is a problem. I have been on the lookout and to date have not found a sweetener not containing aspartame or sachharin or both. There is a mail-order LC shop in UK that sells not Stevia but K-Sweet (I think?) . I thought it was very pricey. The sugar was just under £10. + £5 delivery. Check it out for yourself. http://www.thelowcarbshop.co.uk

I use SLIMMER "Calorie-free Sweeteners" although I suspect they are not completely calorie free. I also got something called COLOGRAN also saccharin based but carb content is 0.0001g per tablet. Both of these were in my local supermarket and I have seen these in BOOTS, SAINSBURYS and several other supermarkets.

As for baking my solution to that so far has been bake without but put lots of sweetener in the cream (which usually goes with anything I bake )

You are doing well. Believe the scales
Take care.