#153   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-12, 06:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/165.2/125 Female 5'2"
BF:48%/38%/25%
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iseethesun
So sorry katchan totally missed this post, still getting used to the forum. I have bought some of those nuts they are delishhhh. Am going to get some coconut oil also. I have read that people who are in the induction should only have a fat intake of 65% instead of 70 is that true? Am hearing so many different opinions, its hard to know what is right...

There is no hard and fast rule. You have to determine what level is best for you - if you don't feel well on a higher fat intake then you need to lower it. If you don't lose weight on a lower fat intake you may need to raise it. As I've mentioned to others in the forum, it's not magic, it's science - and science is all about the trial and error

Dr Atkins didn't specify fat percentages, but if you're eating on-plan, you should be eating about 5/20/75 (carb/protein/fat). I find I lose better (and feel better) at 5/15/80 - but I'm very carb-sensitive and every little bit will throw me off track.

My recommendation just from my experience is that you should keep a strict eye on what you take in, including measurements/weights (when they say "four ounces of meat" you should be sure you have four ounces, and aren't just guessing, for instance), keeping track of the percentages of carb/pro/fat, and after a week gauge your progress. If you're happy with the progress you're making, then by all means stick with it. If you're not, tweak it a little - increase the fats and see what happens. If that works, you're home free; if it doesn't, fiddle some more.

Good luck!! You can do this