View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, May-27-17, 11:46

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Pre-chopped veggies have more surface area exposed to air and go bad faster. I'd never buy them unless they were cheaper than fresh or frozen cauliflower and I had a plan to use them all at once after opening the package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Agree, and the ones I've seen recently are pricey. Guess they have to pay people to rice the veggies. I can do that at home. Rice what you need when you need it.

Yeah, the waste with the riced veggies (as well as the spiralized veggies) from the produce dept has to be massive, because they don't keep well. I don't mean just to the customer who has to figure out how to use all those veggies before they go bad in a couple days, but also the store itself, because they can't sell it once it starts to appear to be deteriorating. So anyone who buys those packages of fresh riced or spiralized veggies is not only paying an exorbitant price for the convenience of pre-riced/spiralized veggies, the price they're paying is also covering the store's loss on the leftover ones which need to be thrown out.