View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-18, 00:46

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Jebus, where to begin. Orthorexia isn't an accepted disorder yet. The focus of the article seems to be "quit sugar", and a sugar-free diet I don't know about. I know of a few diets that can contain no sugar, but I never called them sugar-free diets. Instead, I call them by their actual names, like the Atkins diet, an all-meat diet or zero-carb, and pretty much any other diet we can think of on this forum can be sugar-free.

Sugar-free doesn't necessarily mean dieting or semi-starvation to be precise. I don't know of any experiment like that so I can't agree that it would necessarily follow the same trend as any other diet experiment, i.e. long term success or failure. I mean, maybe subjects would add back some sugar to a point, but I doubt sugar on its own would be solely responsible for the effect either way. On the other hand, I equally doubt sugar would not be responsible for any effect whatsoever.
Quote:
Two serves of fruit per day can reduce the risk of developing some cancers, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

Where the hell did the writer pull out that quote from, huh? Wasn't sure if I should be polite, but with this quote, that's it for that, I know exactly how polite I should be.

OK, no more quotes or arguments. Ain't gonna say any more except there is no merit to the article, i.e. you shouldn't quit sugar, because there is equally no merit to the opposite, i.e. you should eat sugar.

-edit- (I lied. Got more to say after all.)

As a side note, fairly recently I've noticed the use of the term "ultra-processed food", as if it was a new food group or something. In the article, the writer writes "Quitting sugar is unlikely to improve your health any more than cutting down on ultra-processed foods..." Dunno 'bout you guys, but in my mind, if there's anything that would fit the definition of ultra-processed food (whatever that definition is, still not sure, brand new term, you see), sugar is #1. So, anyways, the writer is saying that eating no ultra-processed foods is unlikely to improve your health any more that merely eating less of it. Ya, not smashing my thumb with a hammer is unlikely to help any more than smashing my thumb only a little bit once in a while.

Is the writer actually paid to write this crap? Is this a real job?