Old Wed, Feb-24-10, 10:23
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
Holy cow. Worst I ever ran was a bit below zero in Wisconsin. I overdressed the first night (was there on business) and was good the next night. The good thing is at that temperature it's much more pleasant to get around running since it's warmer. We had a blizzard here in Philly and I ran in it cause it was warm and no wind - just snow coming down. I am only doing two runs a week as I rehab from my injury so I've been able to plan around bad weather. I have good trail shoes so have not needed Yak Trax or anything, as I am sure you do.

I really want to do the 30K in Hamilton, ON sometime, but that is far, far from where you are...It's on my radar for 2011.

That's only what, 3 times what I'm doing now? My next goal after the 10k would be a half marathon ~ 21kms. Seriously though, what's another 9 kms

The yak trax are a must when running out here. Especially on the tar mac (its like spongy black cement). The ice is brutal, often doing a balancing act going across intersections. My mid section and hips get quite the workout. Definitely not training for speed when running on ice and snow. Its a distance thing. But man, when that stuff melts, you find that you have increased your speed tremendously!

Quote:
Philly and I ran in it cause it was warm and no wind - just snow coming down.

That sounds really beautiful. I could totally run that. One part of my course is about 4 kms long and it is a trail that runs along the outside of the city. Major wind and its on the north side, so you can imagine the cold "breeze". I bring along my balaclava specifically for that section, and then take it off when done and stuff it in my pocket for the rest. Otherwise I'd just get too hot and when I'm overheated I slow down.

Quote:
rehab from my injury

How is healing going? Does it slow you down a lot?