View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 12:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Here's my n=1 for calcium, Barb. In 2011, I was Dxed with osteoporosis in my hips and ankles. I started being VERY religious about my Ca supplement, as well as walking.

In 2013, I was back at osteopenia, in the absence of meds or any other intervention other than the Ca and the walking. And this was prior to my beginning a grain free, low carb WOE.

I take a boatload of supplements, too. One is a supplement for joint pain. The joints are even better, since I started this WOE, but, even so, if I run out, within about 5 days I notice that my knees hurt as I climb the stairs. Not excruciating, but they hurt.

Even with the very best diet available from a store, we still are missing out on so much that our ancestors took for granted in their food supply. I figure that supplementing just evens out the game, a bit.

I haven't used a lot of fermented veggies, yet, but will. My guts are still somewhat messed up from the antibiotics, despite eating high fat, high quality and low sugar yogurt, and taking a lactobacillus supplement daily.