View Single Post
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-11, 07:35

Plan: THM
Stats: 272/216/137 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Texasgirl, the way I understand all this is mainly that for some people, they experience a stall if they're eating skinless chicken, tinned tuna, steamed shrimp, lean beef, etc....and it can be a result of calories beign too low, or too many of the calories being protein, and not enough being fat. So if you find you are not getting results, you can check your calories - I checked and mine were too low. To increase them, I ate more 80-20 ground beef, more avocado, sausage, dark meat chicken with the skin, etc. Fattier cuts of meat will work, putting mayo in the tuna salad, making deviled eggs instead of plain hard cooked eggs, etc.

If I understand it right, there is some newer research indicating that if there is too much protein, some of it can be converted to simple sugars, but I am not sure about that (not sure if I'm understanding it right), but I can say that with my grocery budget, it is certainly more economical to eat a fattier (generally less expensive) cut of meat than to eat twice as much lean protein.

Does that help you some?