View Single Post
  #118   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-15, 21:33

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Blue, I love the story about your sister taking you off to Spain. That sounds like an amazing trip and a great way to get away from your troubles. Good for her.

My father was in the army when I was born, he did not go off to WWII right away but traveled around the country with his troops on their train. My mother drove all over the country with my 5 year old brother and me. I was born in El Paso and 6 weeks later we drove to New Jersey. I had my first 5 birthdays in 5 different states and my 6th in Korea. After that we went back to El Paso and my father had his first heart attack and retired from the army. My mother liked it there and so we stayed there.

I came by my ability to travel alone from my mother. Also when I was 11 my family went to Kentucky to see my grandparents and then to St Louis to visit my aunt. I stayed with her for a month and she sent me home on the train by myself. I did that the next year too. My aunt was never married and she took me on lots of great trips, including Washington DC when I was 14 and The Seattle worlds fair when I was 20.

John's father also had a traveling job when John was a baby, so he grew up on wheels too. So we have done a lot of traveling together. We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary with a trip to Hawii which was our 50th state to visit. The last lower 48th state we made it to was Vermont, which he had missed although we had been to New Hampshire and Maine. We made a special trip there a couple of years ago. We also went to Alaska since we have lived in iowa. I Have to figure out how many Canadian Provinces I have been to. British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, and Quebec.

But this will be my first trip to the Great Britain.

Well, my weight is stalled. But I guess I should say I am maintaining well and quit trying to lose. Blue, I am sorry about your foray into cookie monsterdom. Yesterday I thought about eating ice cream at the local National Night Out neighborhood event. But I decided not to go. I think about eating ice cream every day. Sigh!!!