View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 23:58

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

OK, I can think of vitamin A. Do you guys supplement with it? If yes, stop. Either way you can read my journal for my personal experience with a ultra high dose 15 day protocol I used to figure out what's wrong with me. To summarize, vitamin A is one of a handful of things I tried that had any effect, and this effect was also one of the strongest and most beneficial for me.

The thing about vitamin A and the liver is that it accumulates at some point, especially with regular daily supplements for years. I didn't do that, I did a 15 day therapeutic protocol, then I stopped. A few months later, I did a single day high dose protocol to test for any effect - no effect. From this, I conclude I had a physiological vitamin A deficiency, and I fixed it with that protocol, i.e. I filled up the tank so to speak, and this tank happens to be the liver. The cause of this deficiency is, I also concluded, a chronic infection I've had for several years now, and I still don't know exactly what it is.

Also, vitamin A is fat-soluble, which means fat is required for its metabolism, and vitamin A is stored in the liver, which means dietary fat is likely to fix vitamin A toxicity in the liver. It's a sort of paradox here because vitamin A is stored in the liver (up to two years' worth of it, in fact, about 6 million IU's), so the liver should be able to handle it no problem, except when there's little dietary fat coming in, then vitamin A becomes toxic.

Finally, when we're talking about fat or anything related to fat like fatty liver for example, I believe insulin is always involved in some way. It makes sense when researchers find that cutting carbs has an effect on fatty liver, when the first thing that happens when we cut carbs is that insulin drops, or at least any spike from a meal is much lower than it used to be. Never mind that the researchers don't talk about insulin in this particular study, I believe they should.

Bear in mind that's just how I see it, not necessarily how it actually works, so you read up on it if you're worried about any of it.