View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 21:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 445/305/220 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 62%

Thanks, LStump. I don't have anyone yelling at me to do it, either. Except for me, of course, and I can be something of a maniac when I put my mind to something.

I guess that after posting this:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=333363

I felt obliged to work out a little extra tonight, so I hit the bike I just got for about 20-25 minutes, which is really surprisingly difficult. I mean, I jog, walk and lift all the time (just because I haven't been posting regularly in here doesn't mean I've been taking time off - I'm still keeping to a good and fairly strict schedule), but the bike works these muscles in my knees and my outer thighs that just apparently don't get a lot of work otherwise. So the cardio isn't what gets me shot on the thing, it's been muscle fatigue. I'll have to try and do it regularly until that's not a problem anymore. Today, incidentally, was my second time on a bike since I was 10 or 12. The other time was yesterday.

After that, I shot around, as I'm trying to get my basketball stroke back. I can still dribble, pass and play defense, but my shot isn't what it once was (when I was a kid I'd go to basketball (and/or soccer) camp during the summer, and I played several hours a day) and I want to rectify that. I love being able to play (and being in way better shape than my friends when we do). I was always relatively athletic growing up, despite my weight - I was goalie on the central state soccer team, score 16 goals in 10 games in soccer one season, won little league baseball and basketball championships, won most improved player at soccer camp one year, etc. I stopped most of that around 14, though, and though I'd play some pickup basketball here or some racquetball there, I was just in too bad shape to really do much. That's one of the reasons I love going to the batting cage so much, for instance.

After my ride and shoot around, I grabbed dinner, and then I hit the kettlebell, doing 5 sets of 12 of everything for the first time. I had been doing 5 sets of 10 regularly, or 6 sets of 10 occasionally, but upping the sets to 12 reps each was noticably harder than 6x10. I found that to be kind of odd, because the number of reps is the same, but the added reps per set really makes a difference.

So that was a pretty good day, workout-wise.