View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-01, 19:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/210/199 Male 6ft 1
BF:
Progress: 88%
Thumbs up Thanks Karin

Hello and thanks Karin for you reply. I really don't plan to live off of protein shakes, by any means. I've tired those kind of diets before, and as we all know, they just don't work.

Thanks for the grocery suggestions, as I said before, I've never really been a breakfast guy. I'll try the protein shake for the morning start-up meal for a while and see how it goes.

Good real food today. Grilled chicken, cheese burgers(no bun, of course) and a mixed salad with hard cheeses, pepperoni, onions, peppers, broccoli, the works, thruout the day. (Picnics) Both places I was at today had all kinds of cakes, pies, cookies, rice, potato salads, and it didn't even phase me. Yeah, I could have had a little bit of something, but it didn't even cross my mine! If you set out to do something, do it right. No cheating! I figure if you give in just once, it will be easier the next time and then it's back to square one again! I friend of mine, who knows that I am following this plan, told me tonight, he was watching me, to see if I was gonna go for the carbs. He was impressed I didn't.

Cheers, John

PS: When you think about it, it's not that hard to follow this plan, just remember where you want to be! I believe self image is an important thing. Be strong and you will get there!