#15   ^
Old Fri, May-03-24, 01:15

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
The culprit, as Johnson explains is fructose and the fructose pathway, recently clarified in research. Depending on one’s phenotype, you can experience metabolic derangement whether obese or slim if this pathway is unnecessarily turned on with frequency.

This reminded me of the clues found in extreme athletes, like Mark Sisson of Mark's Daily Apple. String-bean physiques on marathon runners is not a guarantee of dodging diabetes. I also think that phenotype varies the way our symptoms of metabolic derangement are expressed.

I must have a dock crane-sized linkage about the fructose pathway, because my pancreas is apparently based on a primeval environment. Anything more than summer berries and I break out in fat. My body is saying that these things are scarce and I must eat it all.

But it has many more implications than counting my carbs and seeing my results, because now we are in health territory. I always had to be pressured to eat my vegetables and now I don't have to, because it seems that I have a high sensitivity level to all the anti-nutrients in plants. My tastebuds rejected them because they weren't offering me much in the way of protein or vitamins.

Someone else, who always found them delightsome, might get more from them. I know my carnivore experience has retrained my own body about "what is food." By this time, years into serious ketosis, I love the mental feeling of running on fat. DH turned to butter to make his fat quota, because he's the kind who squishes his burgers.

His "grease" is my favored fuel. But this was also the way his mother cooked. He's cooking for himself now, I point out. Does he even know what he likes? Because he has been shifting his tastes, and losing more weight, when he concentrated on protein and fat, and we cut down on his favorite carbs.

Now, while he has a favorite on occasion, he chooses something under his new definition of "treat." He will sensibly choose the German bakery where the baker uses fresh apples and real butter.

Because it tastes so much better. He no longer craves the rock-bottom processed version. That is taste buds working for us, not against us.

Plus, convenience is not a factor when we have to park downtown, in a different town, and walk to the bakery. This makes it more of an occasion (bakery has great coffee) and less of an impulse buy.

Literally streets ahead of sitting in the donut company's drivethrough.

Maybe there isn't "more cancer" because some people get taken out by heart disease, first, which is happening at younger ages. All those "middle-aged diseases" appear at younger and younger ages, as obesity rises worldwide.

A cartoon detective could follow these clues to a helpful conclusion.